What is BT Digital Voice?
BT Digital Voice is BT’s Consumer Digital (Internet) based voice service that is being rolled out as the replacement to their current analogue (PSTN) fixed line home phone service. This is being rolled out as the current analogue (PSTN) phone system is being closed by December 2025.
For more information on the nationwide switch over visit our homepage landlinesgo.digital
How is BT Digital Voice being rolled out?
BT is currently rolling out BT Digital Voice to existing customers in phases and new customers will be placed on Digital Voice by default if they have chosen to take out a home phone service.
What are the current phases?
- Customers with a healthcare pendant
- Customers who only use landlines
- Customers with no mobile signal
- Customers who have disclosed any additional needs
These customers can delay their migration to Digital Voice until later in the rollout to ensure they have confidence and that various stakeholders are prepared and ready for the digital switch.
BT will take extra time and will provide additional support to customers who are over 70 and are ready to make the switch
- Throughout September BT’s Digital Voice team will visit towns and cities around Northern Ireland to answer residents’ questions about the Digital Switchover.
Town Hall Events:
– Belfast 19th September, 10:00-15:00 Girdwood Community Hub, 10 Girdwood Avenue, Belfast, Antrim BT14 6EG
– Derry-Londonderry 26th September, 10:00-15:00 Foyle Arena, 2 Limavady Road, Derry-Londonderry, BT47 6JY
More BT Digital Voice roadshows and events can be found at: https://www.bt.com/broadband/digital-voice/events
- From August 2023 BT Consumer is rolling out their regional migrations to BT Digital Voice across Yorkshire and the Humber.
They will also be bringing their awareness campaign to the region including events such as town halls and roadshows.
Town Hall Events:
– 2nd August, 10:00 – 15:00: Leeds, Headingley Enterprise and Arts Centre West Yorkshire, LS6 3HN
– 22nd August, 10:00 – 15:00: Sheffield St Marys’ Church & Community Centre, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4QZ
More information from BT on this can be found at: https://newsroom.bt.com/bts-new-home-phone-service-digital-voice-to-be-rolled-out-across-yorkshire-and-the-humber/
- From July 2023 BT Consumer starts their regional migrations to BT Digital Voice starting with the East Midlands. They will also launch their awareness campaign including events such as town halls and roadshows within the region.
East Midlands Town Hall Events:
– 5th July, 10:00 – 17:00: Bolero Suite, The Motorpoint Arena, Bolero Square, Nottingham, NG1 1LA
– 18th July, 10:00 – 17:00: Hansom Hall, Leicester Adult Education College, 54 Belvoir Street, Leicester, LE1 6QL
East Midlands Roadshows:
More information from BT on this can be found at: https://newsroom.bt.com/bts-new-home-phone-service-digital-voice-to-be-rolled-out-across-the-east-midlands/
- From 30th May 2023 BT Consumer started migrating their Full Fibre customers to BT Digital Voice.
More information from BT on this can be found at: https://newsroom.bt.com/digital-voice-getting-ready-for-a-customer-led-regional-restart/
- From 2021 BT started migrating their full fibre and some of their hybrid fibre-based customers to BT Digital Voice in batches. This was paused in March 2022 while they looked at some of the challenges and improved their migration process.